Saturday, June 21, 2014

Exerpt From Late Night Reply to My Sister's Inquiry

... I am sure I have sciatic nerve issues, because it comes and goes based upon activity (or lack thereof).  Sitting for long periods is what brings it on.  At this moment, I have no pain at all -- I've been on the move today.  Or, should I say yesterday.  I woke up at 1:30 due to a nightmare, and the Lord has been so sweetly visiting with me all night.  I live in the best of times and the worst (and the latter depends largely upon my mindset).  I strongly sense God at work in me and through me, and that makes life on this lovely yet treacherous planet as a believer incredibly exciting/exhilarating.  And this isn't because I'm performing at all well in my own eyes or enduring a tough season -- there is some deep identity stuff He's tackling, and I have absolutely nothing to do with it, and somehow, by miracle only He is (I trust) benefiting others by it.  Ha, the joke is on my accuser who is working overtime breathing  hot down my neck, pointing fingers at God and me, all the while he's the Biggest Loser.  I'm tickled by it, really.  I only begin to explore and understand, "For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God. 16Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. 17For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,…"  My days are not futile or without aim -- and that way beyond what I can grasp.  I am trusting Him for this, and in ways I cannot frame up in words, because it is SO beyond me.  Faith has had to grow in my current circumstances, else I wither/perish (spiritually speaking, and not over-dramatizing!!)  He knows that when He brings me to the end of my rope, there We commune like honeymooning lovers.  It's what I need (and want, not in the flesh, of course, but in the center where my real life is) -- it is the blessing in my singleness.  Sometimes I feel, a widow at this age, "how come, Lord, have I been chosen to live 44 years of my life single -- to do it through all kinds of seasons from young girl to single mom, to middle age and until (likely death)?"  And I whine hard, until I meet Him at the tail of the rope.  Then I get it again, and I hang on tight to the One I married at Calvary and know (even in that place of every woman who longs to be desired, pursued, physically held, covered, provided for through an earthly man) I'm eternally blessed, inexplicably loved, and so deeply I could die this moment in the overflow.  Marriage may come, it is the lesser goal, (no god to me) -- it's like thinking getting out of debt opens a mystery door on happiness.  Both are good, but He, Himself is so superior to anyone or anything that to crave something less for any time at all is just stupid.  He frees me to dream, and not out of romantic fantasy or dissatisfaction.  He dreams in me!!!  And those are some REAL DREAMS, one's He makes come true, whether here or on the other side.  He makes me okay again with that, and I detach for a little while in a very healthy way from earthbound life.  I can tell He's been with me -- it's like smelling your husband's cologne all over you after he's long since gone for the day -- He fills me with joy, which turns into words ... and I hope He will now help me sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment