Saturday, June 21, 2014

Icy Mountain Majesty








People climb ice for fun!!  At 55, I didn't know that.  There are ice climbing festivals.  Climbers ascend columns of frozen water -- falls formed on mountains -- resisting natural forces for the joy and glory of the climb.  This just amazes me.  Reason in part, I'm now called to mentally ice climb for a living.  Remember, I'm 55 and not real agile, still a little petrified of heights, and not a creature who likes the cold.  These images help me to reconsider my toil, to lay hold of the joy set before me, to view differently great and impenetrable walls, mountains I pray move out the way (and quickly), opening wide a smooth path for growth in my organization and life.  I'd hate to miss the party for griping about the cold hard realities, eyes too full of longing tears to see Majesty right in front of my nose!!  I stand warned, and warmed by the heart of God concerning His itinerary for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment